Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Memory of a Childlike Valentine's Day

One of the things about not being a kid anymore was the fun that was had at school on Valentine's Day.  There were parties full of sugary treats and the construction of our Valentine bag and collection repositories where we'd collect all the Valentine's from our friends.  As I got a bit older in elementary school, I would hope I'd get that one Valentine from that one cute guy and when I did, I'd cherish it and read it over and over....even it said nothing but his name.  But if he signed it "Love..." wowsa!  

Since I'm an adult now, I can't buy those cutesy Valentine cards in boxes of multiples.  But, if I was, or if I did buy them, here are a few of my favorite lines from today's selection...

"Be My Valentine" with Snoopy hugging Woodstock

"Bee-lieve me Valentine, You're my Honey"! - Winnie the Pooh

"Kiss me, I'm an Animaniac!" - Dot Warner, from the Animaniacs

"You Make me Happy, Happy, Happy!" - Duck Dynasty Valentine Card

"A dream is a wish your heart makes" - Cinderella Valentine Card

Alas, I won't be filling out oodles of cards tonight in anticipation of passing them around to my classmates tomorrow.  But I'm hopeful for a happy, happy, happy Valentine's Day...and I hope you are too!

No comments: